The Last Curve

Spoiler alert: do not read any further if you don't want to see a certain nearly completed dotted shirt with sash!

I'm at the agonizing point of having nearly finished my two projects. For the sweater, I need to sew on one more sleeve, seam up the sides, and weave in all the loose ends.


I sewed on the zipper yesterday. I wanted to use my brand new knitpicker to attach the zipper, but I can't find it! I spent at least half an hour looking for it. I know it's here, somewhere!! And the sewing machine wasn't really liking me yesterday, so I only sewed on one half of the zipper and the other half I finished up by hand. This pretty much sums up my sewing day yesterday:


Because of all this lost time spent searching for things and cleaning up spilled pins, I didn't have time to sew on these buttons to the shirt. But here's what it should look like soon enough:


See, it's all done, almost! The buttonholes are done; I just need to sew on the buttons and then sew the sash. Yeah, there's still that to do. But it should be done quick enough, provided that my sewing machine doesn't hate me. It's my fault if she hates me, I know. (I've decided it's a she; c'est une machine...). I need to replace the needle and give her a good cleaning. But look at this collar:


I still find the instructions for the collar to be rather incomplete, but I managed better this time than the first time. Just don't look inside. I had to finish up some bits by hand.

And here's a close-up on the buttons:


I was hoping to have these done by this week, but it looks like that won't be happening. Tomorrow (Friday) we're going to Alsace for the weekend to attend a baptism. I could maybe work a bit on the sweater seaming while we're there, but that requires a lot of concentration from me, so I'm not overly optimistic. So hopefully my next post will show you these two finished projects. And then I can start something for my Colette Spring Challenge. :)

Comments

Popular Posts