A Skirt

I needed a break after that McCall's pattern; I needed to do something that required less fiddly bits (i.e. sleeve plackets).


So I picked another item from my Colette Spring Palette Challenge: a skirt from Simplicity 2655, view B.


It's almost done; I just need to finish the waistband and insert the zipper. I could finish today except that I forgot to buy the zipper and now the store is closed. Things close early here in France!

So far it's been really easy. I made it even easier because I left off the pockets and the belt. Now I just hope it fits. I cut a size smaller than I'm 'supposed to' and I compensated by making smaller seam allowances.

This was the first time I traced out the pattern and left the original paper intact. I might want to make the longer version of the skirt so I didn't want to complicate any future endeavors by having to tape things back together.


I tried to use the Burda carbon paper, but somehow that didn't work. Apparently you're supposed to trace the pattern directly onto your fabric, but I didn't want to do that. I wanted to trace the pattern onto freezer paper using the carbon paper and a tracing wheel...and it didn't take. So I just did it the old fashioned way with a permanent marker.


Anyhow, I'm kinda getting sick of wearing the same things for the Me Made March challenge, so it would be nice if the weather would warm up and I could wear the skirt. Otherwise, I'm thinking maybe I could wear it with some white tights. Some white lace tights or maybe white tights with a stripe detail to go with the stripes of the skirt? I'm worried white legs would blind people though. Maybe turquoise tights? Any ideas?

Comments

  1. I think you'd have a hard time finding turquoise tights that matched your fabric, but then again I don't regularly shop for women's hosery. Or men's, for that matter. What about regular old skin colored? Or it looks like there's a navy accent in the last edge of the skirt that might work well. Be bold and wear something rich and jewel-toned like dark purple. You just gotta rock it - and you can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts