Save the Bra

I am, more or less, always on the look-out for potential bras. This may seem odd, but I have yet to find a suitable bra that I can buy in France (although this may no longer be true!), so every time I go back to the U.S. I replenish my stock. Having to do this seems silly to me so I keep trying various bras here. It's not like they don't have bras in France (!), I just hadn't found any (until just recently) that were meeting my standards.

But I may have found some good replacement bras at Etam, which is a ubiquitous lingerie store. This store is everywhere and it's kinda ridiculous that I didn't find anything here earlier. It's possible I wasn't looking hard enough or maybe they really didn't have the style I sought until just recently...

So I bought a sample. Unfortunately I bought it in the wrong size. I thought I knew my bra size and so didn't try it on in the store: mistake! Anyhow, I'm trying to salvage the purchased bra rather than returning it (because of course I bought it in the store in Paris, and not in the store in my town). I figure I just need a little extra coverage so that I don't spill out the sides.

So I bought some lace and am sewing it to the sides and the bottom.


This is definitely fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants sewing. I'm just hand-sewing it on to see what will happen. Quite possibly this is the silliest salvage project ever.


In other sewing news, I have nearly finished the brown linen skirt. I just need to finish the waist band, insert the zipper and hem it. I had already started sewing in a zipper when I decided to swap it out for another one because the color matched better.

And I'm feeling rather proud of myself because this week I managed to wear my new brown pants twice and my dress:


I didn't wear the yellow shoes out the door; those are my house slippers.


The dress is too big but I tried to compensate by wearing a bolero that is also too big. I'm not sure that makes sense, but you can judge for yourself the result...and please feel free to say if it looks silly! I do intend to take in the dress; it's not that hard to do after all. :)

Last but not least: Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there (and of course, especially to my Mom)!!! :)

Comments

  1. Let me know how the bra salvage goes - because I have several that need salvaging (how does that happen?) and if you have figured out a way to save them, you will be my hero!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts