First Fall Essentials Sew Along Finished Item!

Whew, that's a lot of fff's!! I didn't get much done for the Summer Essentials Sew-Along this year, so I'm happy that I got my first item done for the 2011 Fall Essentials Sew-Along!


I finished an item in the Fabulous Frocks category: the Portfolio dress using Lisette (Simplicity) 2245:


Both the fabrics (cotton) came from Ikea. I've had them in my stash for at least a year now. I'll have to wear it with tights and a sweater if I want to wear it this fall and winter. And I think in the future I'll wear it with a belt because without one it looks a lot like a nightdress!


If I were to make this dress a second time, I would put piping on the pockets. And maybe I would embroider the little square at the neckline, as I saw someone do. I love the pockets though, so happy to have pockets in a dress!


And for the back closure, instead of using two medium-sized buttons, I decided to go for one HUGE back button:


This dress also belongs to my Colette Fall Palette Challenge list, which you can see here.



Comments

  1. Gorgeous!! I just love that print. And I agree with you, the pockets are fab! A girl can never have too many pockets, hmmm? And I've decided to join the "fall" challenge too! although for me it is a spring challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, can't wait to see your ideas for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, and the fabric is very appropriate for fall! The button is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts