Slow Fashioned Pledge

I officially pledged to strive to make buying decisions based on quality, rather than quantity. And to try to choose locally-made products that are manufactured in an environmentally-friendly way. Or to buy second-hand.


I have been trying to do this anyhow, especially for clothing, so I think seeing this badge every day will help me stick to my guns. One thing that is perhaps missing from the Slow Fashioned Pledge is the labor aspect. Meaning, that the reason that companies outsource to China, Vietnam, etc. is because the workers are paid less and they often don't have such things as worker's comp and health care, much less retirement plans.

Anyhow, here's a visual reminder on my blog. I love shopping for fabrics, yarn, notions, etc. and I need to be better at choosing products that reflect my values.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Comments

  1. This is an excellent pledge, and can be equally applied to those of us who sew for ourselves too. Not rushing through a project, but giving oneself the time and space to finish things properly and giving the fabric and the design the respect they deserve.
    Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts