Computer Design Challenged

This croquis thing is difficult. I know I should just do it by hand, but I thought I'd give it one more go using Gimp. I was inspired by the Simplicity 3559 pattern, the middle version, but without the bow:


It's supposed to be a 1960's pattern. And originally I was leaning toward wool fabric, but then I found this lovely Cerise Linen at the Croftmill website:


And I'm wearing an orange sack:


You'll have to imagine the neckline and wrists with a ribbon treatment. That was too much for my Gimp skills. A ribbon like this perhaps:


Ribbons and images found at Trim Fabric.

Or these ones:



I've been reading the new Jane Austen Knits magazine that was a Christmas present, and I'm feeling rather like Mr. Darcy right now: I shall conquer this! I shall conquer Gimp image manipulation! But not today. ;)




Comments

  1. I have that linen fabric too!It will look wow when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same pattern too. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of it using that beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I've been meaning to conquer the Gimp, too! I could photograph my fabrics and layer them over my sketches! (Um, possibly...) But the mouse-tracing is a real pain and I can't find the stylus that belongs to my tablet. Hmpf.
    That fabric is a wonderful color! And such pretty trims!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your computer skills far outweigh mine! I would just draw a picture and photograph it, I think...
    That fabric is a wonderful colour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts