I need to buy a black belt to wear with it, but I was working with what I have. I was a little disappointed initially, but looking at these photos I think it's not half-bad. However, I should've done something more to modify the front. It gapes when I move because my bust just doesn't fill it out. I'm definitely going to have to wear a camisole underneath it. I'll spare you the photographic evidence though. ;)
Otherwise I think it's the correct size. I cut a straight ten. It fits well in the shoulders. I measured my waist and tested the elastic insert at the waist before I sewed the ends together, as indicated in the directions. Ever since I bought my little elastic-inserting tool, I no longer dread this kind of waistline. Especially since I would wear this type of dress with a belt in any case, to give me the illusion of waist definition!
I didn't fold the fabric as indicated for the button-tab though, because the backside of this fabric looks terrible. So I just kinda folded it under. We'll see how that works out in the long term. I put on an orange button to match the fabric. 'Cuz hey, when else am I going to need an orange button?!
Speaking of orange, it's not normally a color I wear, but I think the color combination here lets me get away with it. The greys and black help tone down the brightness of the orange and yellow.
I think I did okay with pattern placement too. No giant flower boobs. I did do a machine-hem though. I'm lazy like that.
I'm feeling pretty positive about this. It even has pockets! But I haven't worn it for real yet, so let's wait for the work-test. But I might revisit the pattern in a knit, as originally planned. It's so fun using new patterns though!
Anyhow, I'm glad I just finally got something done! Have a great Sunday to everybody who's just starting their Sunday and sleep tight to those of you on your way into Monday!! :)