Yay or Nay for Me-Made-May

I've done an inventory of my surviving me-made apparel and the result is rather slim: five tops, one dress, three sweaters, and three skirts.  Plus two necklaces if I include jewelry, and three knit hats!  Oh yes, and one scarf and one pair of pyjamas.  So if I only wear only one item every day (out of the house) that's enough to get me through basically half of the month. If the weather is appropriate for all of the said apparel, which is doubtful. 

As you can see, I'm trying to find a way to make the challenge work for me because I would like to participate this year.  Last year I tried to focus on making more during the month of May; I'm not sure I was successful.

So what can I do this year?  I have thought about trying to quickly do another project before it gets too late, but my rush jobs definitely look like rush jobs!  And the point of the challenge is to try to better utilize what I already have in my closet.

I took a pause after writing the above and happened upon this post from Tumbleweeds in the Wind. 
I like her pledge; she is focused more on analyzing why she does or doesn't wear her creations.  So I have finally decided to do something similar.  But I am going to wear something every day, even if it is just a necklace.

So here's my pledge: I, Donna, of Nid de Tissus will endeavor...

* to wear something me-made everything day, even if it's simply a piece of jewelry
* to think about the whys or why nots for my wardrobe choices
* to dedicate a little time every day for the duration of the month to MAKING something



I will try to track my progress with images (i.e. take pictures) when and if I can.  Not gonna pressure myself over the documentation part of it.

OK, so let's see what happens!

Comments

  1. I think this is a wise and well thought out approach... I used to force myself to wear some of the things that I no longer wore, but taking the challenge and wearing those things did help me to realise that in many cases; yes, I should let them go! so that was a good thing. It's OK to weed things out, and sometimes it takes that picture of yourself in something to realise that a good weeding is needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think MMM is a good excuse to do a wardrobe evaluation! I definitely found a couple of garments to weed out, even though I tend to hold on to even those me-mades I don't really love...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts